USAA checking accounts
USAA has been providing financial services to the members of the military and their family since 1922. They are dedicated to helping the men,
women and the families of those who served their country. It should come as no surprise that they offer checking services that are among the
best in the industry. In order to understand why they are the best, it is important to look at what USAA offers.
Types of accounts
USAA members are offered two types of checking accounts. The first checking account is the Secure Checking and the second type is the Secure
Checking Plus. Since only Secure Checking account is free we will only discuss it in this review.
Online checking account
The first thing to notice about Secure Checking account is that this online checking account. There is no need to find a local branch for USAA
checking. All of the transactions that are needed can be done online. USAA offers a secure connection to make sure that all of their
member’s information is safe.
It is easy to use an online checking account such as USAA. Deposits of checks can be made using a smartphone or a scanner. It is also possible
to make deposits at over 2,000 UPS store locations around the world. USAA also offers direct deposits for anyone that wants to take advantage
of this service.
Getting money is also very easy. Money can be withdrawn from ATMs around the world. The debit card can also be used to get cash back at many
different retailers when a purchase is made. It is very easy for anyone to get the money they need even though there are no branches that
they can walk into.
USAA checking fees
Online savings accounts can offer considerable savings over traditional banks. The Secure Checking does not charge any fees for members. It
is completely free. It also offers free use of the USAA preferred ATMs. USAA will cover the first $15 in fees pr month that non-preferred banks
ATMs charge for their use.
Related articles: Discover MMA review
USAA index funds
Best USAA mutual funds
Free checking account advantages
- No monthly fees
- Free ATMs nationwide
- Access your account anywhere, anytime
- Deposits made easy
Free checking deposit money anywhere, anytime
- Deposit@Mobile® using your iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ device. Available to qualified members
- Deposit@Home® lets qualified members deposit checks using a scanner and computer
- Easy Deposit your checks at more than 1,900 locations of The UPS Store® nationwide
- Free direct deposit.
Access your money instantly
- Free ATMs nationwide. Use any ATM for free. We'll even refund other banks' fees
- Check your account balance, transfer funds and more at home with usaa.com or on the go with our free apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and more
- Free unlimited funds transfers to and from any bank nationwide
Manage money online easily
- USAA Money Manager, our personal budgeting tool, helps you track your spending
- USAA Web BillPay lets you pay, manage and view all your bills in one place for free
- Get customizable account alerts
- Send money to anyone. With person-to-person payments, send money right from your phone, using an email address or mobile phone number. It's that simple
There are plenty of banks to choose from when looking for a checking account. USAA checking compares very favorably with other banks.
Many banks charge high fees for a checking account and they often have additional requirements such as minimum amounts of direct deposits
every month or a minimum average daily balance to qualify for the reduced fees. Even if these extra requirements are ignored, few banks are
able to match all of the features that are offered by USAA checking account. Very few offer free use of ATMs and the idea of extended
warranties or purchase assistance is unique to the USAA members.
USAA checking is ready to take care of the military families that need a convenient, affordable, reliable and full-featured checking account.
It only takes a few minutes to register for an account and get started with the company.
USAA Free Checking: no monthly fees, free ATMs
Updated on 10/30/2015.