TradeMonster Low Trading Commissions
|Stocks and ETFs|| $4.95|
|Stocks and ETFs broker assisted|| $22.50|
|Options|| $0.50 per contract (minimum $12.50 for single leg orders and $15 minimum per spread for multi-leg orders)|
|Futures|| $1.50 per contract|
|Options on Futures|| $1.50 per contract (excluding exchange fees, NFA fees, overnight and platform fees as applicable)|
|Mutual funds|| $15 to buy, $0 to sell|
|Bonds|| $15 + $1 per bond (Municipal, Corporate, Agency, Treasury)|
|Investments|| stocks, options, mutual funds, bonds, stock futures, commodities futures, futures options, ETFs|
|TradeMonster minimum deposit to open account|| $2,000|
- Very low stock and ETF commissions
- Selling mutual funds is free
- No inactivity or account maintenance fees
- No-fee IRAs
- Free trading simulator (virtual trading)
- Lots of learning materials for investors, including webinars
- Powerful, feature-rich trading tools
- Excellent research amenities and customer service
- Additional 1.5 cents per share surcharge on extended hours trades
- Additional $0.0005 per share on the entire order for any stocks priced less than $1
TradeMonster offers powerful, browser-based trading tools especially beneficial for active traders. The firm provides very good pricing for
stock and ETF trading - just $4.95 per transaction!
In 2014 Barron’s magazine rated TradeMonster 4.5 stars (the highest rating), and gave them the best scores in Mobile Technology, Trading Experience, Usability, Research Amenities,
and in Customer Service and Education categories. They also got the second highest score in Portfolio Analysis and Reports category. The firm was rated the "Best for Options Traders".
One of TradeMonster's best features is ability to practice trading stocks or options with virtual money,
using all of the tools available. Another interesting feature is Exit Plan, where users create exit strategies for their trades
by focusing on profit targets, and by monitoring their stop-loss and exit points.
Read full TradeMonster Review.
Open Lowest Commissions Broker Account
Trade Commission Free for 60 Days at tradeMONSTER
Optionshouse Low Trading Commissions
|Stocks and ETFs|| $4.75|
|Stocks and ETFs broker assisted|| $4.75|
Plan 1. Up to five contracts for $5; each additional
Plan 2. $8.50 + 0.15/contract (great if trading over 10 contracts)
Plan 1. Up to 10 contracts for $10; each additional
Plan 2. $12.50 + 0.15/contract
|Mutual funds|| $9.95|
|U.S. Treasury bonds and listed corporate bonds||Orders are accepted by phone|
|Investments|| stocks, options, mutual funds, bonds, ETFs|
|Optionshouse minimum deposit to open account|| $1,000 for cash account, $2,000 for margin account|
- Low commissions
- Free streaming quotes
- No fee IRA accounts
- No volume requirements, or maintenance or inactivity fees
- Free check-writing privileges
- Free DRIPs/Dividend Reinvestment (complete, non-fractional shares only)
- Very low margin rates
- Free virtual trading
- For stocks priced $2 or less that are not options eligible, add $0.005 per share for the entire order
- Shortened after-hours trading: 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EST, instead of 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST
- Basic charts
- NTF mutual funds are not offered
- Very limited research
- Few educational resources
Don't let the name fool you - Optionshouse is not just for options traders. The firm also provides good investment services and excellent prices
for stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, and bonds investors. Optionshouse offers some of the lowest flat-rate commissions on stocks and ETFs - just $4.75 per trade,
for unlimited shares. The company does not have minimum account balance, volume or minimum number of trades requirements to get these low rates.
Unlike TradeKing, there are no inactivity fees to worry about.
OptionsHouse’s margin rates are some of the best in the industry. Currently if a trader borrows over $1 million, the margin
rate is only 1.5%. The highest margin rate is 4% to borrow up to $49,999. The margin rates incrementally decrease from 4% to
1.5% depending on the amount the investor borrows over $50,000.
Read full Optionshouse Review.
Get 150 commission-free trades at OptionsHouse.