Up to $2,000 bonus at Scottrade
60 days of free trades and $4.95 per stock or ETF trade at OptionsHouse
Best rated customer service and $4.95 per trade at TradeKing
50 free trades promotion at USAA
The OptionsXpress.com website is visually pleasing and easy to navigate.
The firm offers 18 powerful trading tools, some of which are as easy to use for
beginners as they are for experienced investors.
The most popular trading tools are:
- Chains: all-in-one screen for real-time quotes, intrinsic and time values, and complex spread construction.
- Chart PatternsSM: up to 20 stocks ranked by how closely they meet your interests and spending limits.
- XpressCharts: mix and match technical studies until you find a picture that best suits you.
- FleXCharts: streaming charts let you customize your view of the market.
- Xspreads Spread Book: view open spread orders by underlying security, month of expiration and strategy type.
- XTend: downloadable trading console for sophisticated traders.
One of the tools is colorfully named “The Dragon”. It is a screener totally geared toward options and short term trading. It can screen stocks and options
based on a number of parameters. A few of them are high open interest, high put/call ratio, and substantial change in volatility. These are important metrics
for options traders and give deep insight into market functions.
|Stocks and ETFs||$8.95|
|Options||$14.95 for up to 10 contracts, $1.50 per contract for over 10 contracts|
|Options Active Traders||$12.95 for up to 10 contracts, $1.25 per contract for over 10 contracts|
|Mutual funds|| $9.95|
|Bonds||$5 per bond, $9.95 minimum|
|Futures||$3.50 per contract|
|Forex|| No commissions. optionsXpress receives compensation through the bid/ask spread.|
|Options on Futures|| $3.50 per contract|
|Spreads, Straddles & Combos||2-10 contracts - $12.95 flat (active traders) $14.95 flat (non-active traders); 10 + contracts - $1.25 per contract (active traders); $1.50 per contract (non-active traders)|
|Investments|| stocks, options, mutual funds, bonds, futures, options on futures, covered calls, forex, ETFs|
|OptionXpress minimum deposit to open account|| $0 for cash account, $2,000 for margin account|
This article was updated on 9/17/2015.